Single Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil From Morocco
Historically, Morocco has been an olive growing nation since Roman times. Morocco Gold Olive Oil comes from an area with a unique micro-climate producing ideal conditions for olive growing.
Morocco Gold is as pure as the Atlas snow, with nothing added or taken away. Handpicked and naturally processed, this oil is clean and well balanced – quite possibly, the best you’ll ever taste.
“Our oil has a characteristic green fruitiness, with hints of sweet almonds, fresh turf and peppery herbs.”
Gordon and Linda, well known in Marrakech, have spent 3 years bringing this Class A Product to a European market and for the 1st time, UK customers will get to taste this liquid gold.
In addition to a taste to die for, an oil such as this also has miraculous health benefits, including:
Benefits of Morocco Gold Olive Oil
- Reduces of risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Beneficial effect on ulcers and gastritis
- Maintains the digestive tract in good health
- Helps to reduce blood pressure
- Help control healthy cholesterol levels
- Eases or prevents diabetes
- Lessens the severity of asthma or arthritis
The European Food Safety Agency approves health benefits for extra virgin olive oils with a polyphenol content of more than 250mg/ kg. Morocco Gold has shown a polyphenol content of 305mg / kg, confirming Morocco Gold as one of the healthiest extra virgin olive oils available.
Aims of the UK / Moroccan Partnership
The aims are as pure as the oil:
- To set a standard within a sector suffering from adulteration, fraud and dubious claims of extra virgin quality.
- To work closely with local suppliers to establish end-to-end quality control and traceability procedures.
- To support women in agriculture – Morocco Gold Olive Oil is produced by a cooperative empowering woman.
“We’re among a small handful of businesses that are set up as joint ownership between UK-based owners and Moroccan owners so that the benefits don’t just come to the UK and the high end of the value chain but is shared with Moroccans as well.”
So – the question on everyone’s lips is;
How can I buy Morocco Gold?
For now, the answer is – keep an eye on the premium food outlets in high-end stores. Try Harvey Nicks, Harrods, Fortnum and Masons as well as specialist delis run by passionate foodies. Or if you are a trade customer, you can buy from Morocco Gold
However, stay connected because there are plans to sell direct to the public towards the end of 2018 and it is most definitely worth the wait, I can personally vouch for that.
For more information and the full story behind this exciting product, sign up for the newsletter here.
If you are interested in Moroccan cooking and would like to learn more about the techniques, oils, herbs and spices used – why not try our Twin Centre Cooking Tour